Dom, together with his team, must confront the people who’s trying to use them and tear them apart, then things started to get out of hand.
There’s just something in the “Fast” franchise, a certain formula that they’re using these past few years, that seemed to captivate the rising number of fans, and that is none other than being a total bad-ass. The Fate Of The Furious stays humble to its source material while pursuing a crazier path as time goes on, with its growing ensemble of amiable cast, out-of-this-world action sequences and tons of horsepower, The Fast And The Furious franchise just doesn’t show any signs of slowing down.
What’s not good about the movie?The film mainly relies much on its style and their actors’ but less on its depth which has been a main concern when it comes to the “Fast” franchise, but who the hell cares? I mean, audiences are rooting for a couple of dope scenes and a large dose of fast cars and blowing them up.
What’s good about the movie?
The Fast And The Furious franchise is known for its relentless, brave and very-outgoing theme that engages its viewers into a very enjoyable ride and they just never failed on that one. Who doesn’t like to see fast cars? Those american muscles… Those super-cars… The sound of engines and tires screeching… And to see them exploding… Damn! Those components that the viewers, men and women alike, is expecting to see, the excitement, the certain thrill, and, that’s for sure what they’ll get.
The Fate Of The Furious is also being accompanied by its able actors. Ludacris and Gibson, even though they’re not the main aspect of this film, definitely supplied a whole lot of fun only to prove that their tandem is unbreakable. Same as with Johnson and Statham with their love and hate bond and one thing I like most is that this movie showcased Statham’s great assets when in comes to action scenes. Nevertheless, Diesel and Rodriguez once again proves that they are the epitome of the so-called Relationship Goals.
I am not recommending this movie if you’re expecting a smart and mind-provoking story but I am encouraging thrill seekers and those fans of insane stunts, whether car or hand-hand, then this film is just one of the best for you.
Director: F. Gary Gray (Straight Outta Compton : 2015)
Main Cast: Vin Diesel ; Michelle Rodriguez ; Charlize Theron ; Dwayne Johnson ; Jason Statham ; Elsa Pataky ; Ludacris ; Tyrese Gibson ; Kurt Russel ; Natalie Emmanuel
Release Year: 2017
Trivia(s): [POSSIBLE SPOILERS]
- Dom’s baby was named after P.Walker’s character, Brian.
- C.Theron is the first main woman villain in the Fast And The Furious franchise.
- April 2016, the production recorded the biggest explosion ever shot in Iceland.
- V.Diesel and the producers of the film wanted to shoot a large action scene in EDSA, one of the main highways in the Philippines, however, the offer was turned down by the Philippine government as this will affect everyday commuters.
- Towards the end of the film, Deckard Shaw joked to his brother, Owen, about him and planes and their bad history about it, which is, a reference to the climactic runway chase in the 6th film in the franchise.
- D.Johnson’s character performed a Haka, a traditional Maori chant (from New Zealand), which is similar with dancing with Maui in the movie Moana (2016), in which D.Johnson voiced the character.
- In the London premiere of Furious 7 (2015), Helen Mirren showed intentions of joining the future Fast film because she liked it, this got V.Diesel’s attention and hand her a role for the movie as the mother of the Shaw Brothers.
- There’s no mid or after credits scene.
- In the race sequence in Cube, Dom connected a hose to the engine using a soda ring, naming it as the “poor man’s turbo”, and before he uses it he says the phrase: “Ok Buster, lets see if this works), hinting that this method was taught to him by Brian.
- The featured cars for Dom are the 1971 Plymouth GTX (Manhattan) and a heavily 1970 Dodge Challenger (Iceland).
- The cars that the team used in Manhattan were: 1966 Chevrolet Corvette, 2016 Mercedes AMG GT S, 2016 Jaguar F-Type, 2016 Bentley Continental GT, 2017 Subaru BRZ and a International MXT.