While the Umbrella Corporation is planning a massive attack to eliminate all unaffected humas, Alice must go back to where it all began, The Hive in Racoon City, and face her makers one last time and take the Anti-T Virus, humanity’s last chance of survival.
The final installment in the Resident Evil film franchise is nothing but an all-out explosive, adrenaline fueled, fast-paced-action, women powered, badass zombie apocalypse movie.
It has been long established that the Resident Evil films are not the type of a heartfelt survival story, it is not made with inspirational drama. Now, for those people who’s complaining about the lack of depth of the movie, then I would advise you to watch the previous entries.
The CGI visuals is not a 100% perfect, however, that didn’t stop the intense action sequences with the film’s ultra-fast-cuts.
The film’s twist is somehow easily foreseen to the point that one of it is undeniably laughable, not due of the twist itself, but because of the bad use of makeup and prosthetics.
Its very obvious that Resident Evil and Underworld franchises are always getting head-to-head when it comes to its villains and heroine, and for this I’ll stand my ground for Resident Evil.
Resident Evil showcased a variety of monsters and villains. Alice, or let’s just say Milla Jovovich, introduced us to different ragged, some which is sleek, costumes.
Milla Jovovich is still burning hot, and even though its been 10 years since she helm the title of “reigning queen of kick-butt”, she still defined the word for “woman badassery”, and I repeat, she’s burning hot.
Director: Paul W.S. Anderson (Resident Evil 2002 ; R.E.: Afterlife 2010 ; R.E.: Retribution 2012 ; Death Race 2008)
Main Cast: Milla Jovovich ; Iain Glen ; Ali Larter ; Eoin Macken ; Shawn Roberts ; Ruby Rose ; Ever Anderson
Genre: Science Fiction ; Action ; Thriller ; Horror
Release Year: 2016 / 2017
- Alice is revealed to be the clone of Alicia Marcus, therefore, she is related to the Red Queen, which is being played by Milla Jovovich’s real life daughter.
- Unlike Afterlife and Retribution, Director Anderson didn’t shoot this film in 3D.
- This is Korean actor Lee Joon-Gi’s American feature film debut.
- The Hummer that Alice rode earlier in the film has the logo of BSAA, which stands for Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance, which is the anti-bioterrorism task force in the game franchise.
- It has the longest running time compared to all previous entries.
- Ali Carter wears the same outfit that her character, Claire Redfield, uses in the game R.E.: Revelations.
- Highest grossing horror film franchise to date.
- A crew member, Ricardo Cornelius, passed away after getting injured when he was crushed by a Humvee.
- Another stuntwoman, Olivia Jackson, got her arm amputated due to a motorcycle stunt crash.