Rogue One entails the story of the event that lead to the Episode IV: A New Hope as the a group of the Rebellion engaged into a suicide mission to steal the plans of the Death Star.
I fear nothing. All is as the force wills it.
A genuine, heart-wrenching, action-packed and a captivating Star Wars tale worth the wait. Rogue One immersed in a promising entrance and a brutal ending which could be so discouraging but for those fans of the franchise I bet that most of them would expect a bloody ending.
Felicity Jones is an adorable additional to the already epic cast of the film and with her own appealing presence it seems that the producers has a certain formula in getting female leads just like what we’ve got from Daisy Ridley. But nevertheless, the surprise comeback of the princess gave the chills towards the end of the film.
Its not every time that the arrival of the antagonist will be well applauded, the presence that turns fear to excitement. Darth Vader certainly rocks his way to the movie and surprisingly there is nothing new in his looks but his mere existence in the movie deserves the attention.
Rogue One is the fresh story that the fans of the saga are all waiting to witness. Its serious, its painful, its that kind of movie designed to be a classic. Some may not be as satisfied as we are but this kind of film is the long lost foundation of the franchise we’re all looking up to and its good to see some kind of a origin story every once in a while where the possibility of death is existing.
Make ten men feel like a hundred.
Director: Gareth Edwards (Godzilla 2014)
Main Cast: Felicity Jones ; Diego Luna ; Alan Tudyk ; Donnie Yen ; Forest Whitaker ; Mads Mikkelsen ;
Genre: Sci- Fi ; Fantasy ; Action ; Adventure
Release Year: 2016
- John Knoll was not impressed of the early drafts of the plans for the future of Star Wars films and decided to develop some of his ideas and talk it out with his colleagues in ILM (Industrial Light and Magic) and the plans were then forwarded to Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm, and the movie was put into production.
- K-2SO‘s line “I have a bad feeling about this.” is a homage to the traditional line being said in Star Wars movies.
- Jyn bumps into Dr. Evazan and Ponda Baba, the same people who attempted to start a fight with Luke Skywalker in A New Hope.
- First Star Wars movie who didn’t use the scroll text to begin the film.
- George Lucas is a big fan of this film.
- Dejarik Holochess game is being played by some of Saw Gerrera’s countrymen.
- First theatrical, live-action Star Wars movie that doesn’t include a Jedi.
- The Death Star plans were stored in the Planet Scarif which is somehow similar to the acronym SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility) which is also used to store classified information.
- The only lightsaber used was of Darth Vader’s.
- The Hammerhead cruiser that appeared towards the end of the film to push a destroyer first appeared in a video game, Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic.
- So far, R2-D2 and C3PO are the only characters to appear on every Star Wars film.
- A planet was introduced as Wobani, an anagram as Obi-Wan.
- The production discovered some old film canisters around the Lucasfilm warehouses which happened to be a footage from Episode IV: A New Hope which led to the insertion of the unused takes featuring the Red and Gold Leader in this film.
- There is an image of a Mutos carved or designed on the walls of Saw Gerrera, a nod to director Gareth Edwards’ film Godzilla.
I’m one with the Force, and the Force is with me.